Flu Shot Information
Due to the increased availability of Flu shots, GGUSD will not be hosting a Flu Shot Clinic during 2018.
PPO and EPO Members may obtain the flu shot at any local provider.
Pharmacies will expect payment at the time the shot is administered. Simply submit the detailed receipt to the *GGUSD Insurance Office. (Be sure to ID the employee.) We will forward it to EBA&M for processing and you will receive an Explanation of Benefits along with a refund check in the mail at home.
*GGUSD Employee Insurance, 10331 Stanford Ave., Garden Grove, CA 92840
Since flu shots are mandated by the Affordable Care Act to be covered at 100%, no reimbursement is necessary when administered in your doctor’s office.
HMO Members click here: Flu Shots.pdf
Employee Insurance Changes
We want to make sure that you are aware of two important changes related to your GGUSD Health and Welfare Benefits that will take effective on January 1, 2019.
1. The addition of a fourth tier for Employee Contribution Premiums
The contributions are taken directly from your paycheck tenthly:
- Employee - $50
- Employee plus child(ren) - $75 (NEW TIER; submit new Election and Authorization Form)
- Employee plus spouse or domestic partner: $100
- Employee plus family - $150
2. Live Health On-Line
Available to all Members from Anthem:
- Get access to board-certified doctors 24/7 when your doctor isn’t available
- On your smartphone, tablet or computer with webcam, get medical care for common conditions, like flu, colds, etc.
- Get prescriptions sent to the pharmacy of choice (as legally permitted)
- See a licensed therapist or psychologist with appointment in four days or less
- Cost: $15 co-pay per visit
Welcome to the GGUSD Insurance Department website. The information presented here is designed to inform, educate, and serve the needs of GGUSD health plan members.
Since we believe that direct communication is usually best, we encourage you to first contact the numbers on your ID cards for assistance.
Your GGUSD Benefits Specialists always welcome your calls; please bring any concerns to our attention.
GGUSD Insurance Department