Phone: (714) 663-6488
GATE TESTING REQUEST
Parent Referral Forms (Request for GATE Testing)
Private School or Non-GGUSD Students:
If you are interested in having your private school or non-GGUSD student tested for the GGUSD GATE Program, and are currently living within the Garden Grove Unified School District Boundaries, please include the following additional documentation with your testing referral form:
- Copy of Parent/Guardian Identification
- Copy of student's birth certificate/record
- Two documents to show proof of address within the GGUSD boundaries (utility bill showing services to the address provided on the form, correspondence from the IRS/State/County, payroll stub showing name and address, Social Services documentation, rental agreement signed by both parties)
GATE TESTING INFORMATION
Winter 2023-2024 GATE Testing
Parent and Teacher Referrals accepted on or before NOVEMBER 15, 2023.
- Testing will take place January/February, 2024.
- Testing date parent notifications will be sent home 1 week prior to testing.
- Students who qualify during Winter testing are eligible to begin placement for the 2024-2025 school year.
Summer 2023-2024 GATE Testing
Parent and Teacher Referrals accepted NOVEMBER 16, 2023 to APRIL 15, 2024.
- Testing will take place June, 2024.
- Testing date parent notifications will be sent home 2-3 weeks prior to testing.
- Students who qualify during Summer testing are eligible to begin placement for the 2024-2025 school year IF SPACE IS AVAILABLE