English Learner Programs
Welcome to English Learner Programs!
Garden Grove Unified School District recognizes and values the rich linguistic diversity of its students. We encourage all students to maintain and enrich their primary language while working towards the acquisition of academic English. Our department monitors the latest research and policy pertaining to multi-lingual students and provides technical assistance to schools accordingly. Our focus is to accelerate English providing heritage language enrichment opportunities.
English Language Learner Programs:
- Integrated English Language Development throughout the instructional day.
- Designated English Language Development
- Dual Language Immersion program
- Elementary Heritage Language Extended Day Enrichment (Spanish and Vietnamese)
- Seal of Biliteracy – High School Seniors
Clerical Specialist I