Pre-enrollment Guide


All parents new to Garden Grove Unified School District (GGUSD) are required to pre-enroll their students online, work with the school to create a Parent Portal account, and provide the necessary documents to complete the enrollment process.

The first step in the enrollment process for parents is to pre-enroll their students online at The online enrollment process is available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Korean.

Following the online pre-enrollment process, parents are requested to present the school with documents as proof of the student’s birth date, immunization records, as well as documents for address verification. To finalize the enrollment process, parents may contact the school to schedule an appointment or for the enrollment hours.

Verification of Birth Date
Any of the documents listed below are acceptable age verification documents:

  • A certified copy of a birth record
  • A statement of the local registrar/county recorder certifying the date of birth
  • A baptismal certificate duly attested
  • A passport
  • An immigration visa
  • An Affidavit of Age Verification form is required from the parents/guardian of the minor if none of the foregoing is obtainable. (If needed, this form is available from the school office.)

Immunization Records

Before students may be legally enrolled in school, California law requires that students be completely immunized against diseases. Parents must provide schools with immunization records for verification.

Address Verification

Address verification is required for all students new to GGUSD. Acceptable forms of address verification include:

ONE of the following is acceptable:
  • Correspondence from Social Services or other government agency
  • Deed to home
  • Mortgage escrow paperwork
  • Property tax bill
  • Rental lease agreement
  • Tax return
TWO of the following:
  • Automobile insurance
  • Cable bill
  • Driver's license/California identification card
  • Utility bill (electric, gas, or water)

For further information, please contact the school office.