GGUSD Launches New Communication Platform To Foster Stronger School-Home Connection
- Friday, August 23, 2019
Garden Grove Unified School District has launched ParentSquare, an easy-to-use communication platform to reach and engage every parent, ensuring all parents have the opportunity to actively participate in their children’s education and stay up-to-date on district and school news.
- district and school-wide mass notifications through voice, email, text and new mobile application
- district, school-wide, and classroom posts received as emails or texts by parents with two-way communication features
- principal and teacher direct messaging with instant language translation using Google Translate
- automated attendance notifications on student absences and tardies
- school calendars and rsvp’s
- teacher to student communication for seventh through twelfth grade students
“We selected ParentSquare in direct response to feedback from parents who asked for more options regarding when and how they receive district and school messages,” said Teri Rocco, Board of Education Vice President. “We know that parent engagement is a critical component to students’ academic success and ParentSquare will make it easier than ever for parents to get engaged in their students’ schools.”
ParentSquare allows parents to choose how to receive school and classroom communication via email, text or mobile application. Parents can also select when to receive messages instantly or in digest format at the end of each day. Urgent school-wide messages can be sent through voicemail as well. Parents will receive emails, texts, or voicemail messages to the email address or phone number on file with the school as part of the student enrollment process.
Parents can download the GGUSD mobile application now on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
GGUSD’s partnership with ParentSquare will enable a stronger dialogue between school and home, and will help empower everyone within the school community to stay connected and informed.