Elementary Instrumental Music
Garden Grove Unified School District invites students in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades to enroll in our highly successful instrumental music program. Each year, thousands of students learn to play music on a string, wind or percussion instrument. The students perform in concerts, and learn to work together as a team while building skills on their instrument. Music training begins in our elementary schools, and is available at each grade level throughout intermediate and high school. Students learn to play interesting music and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment that comes with success.
- What do you need?
- The Materials List and Music Store List is attached below.
- When are the classes?
- Instrumental music classes are held during the regular school day twice a week. Your child will also be participating in a few concerts throughout the year.
- What is the commitment?
Students are expected to:
- Stay in class until the end of the school year.
- Attend classes regularly and arrive on time with instrument and music.
- Practice 30 minutes a day.
- Maintain instrument in good condition.
- Participate in all performances.
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.Ludwig Von Beethoven
- How do we sign up?
- Fill out the application and return it to your school.