As a Garden Grove Unified School District parent, we encourage you to become involved with the school and district. Be active in your student's experience at Garden Grove Unified School District. Get connected by joining one of our parent committees alongside other GGUSD family members.
CAC Business Meetings
Community Advisory Committee is comprised of parents, district personnel, community members and other interested individuals who meet to offer information and program support to enhance the quality of the Special Education programs and services in the district. The CAC meetings for the 2017-2018 school year are from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at the District Office, Staff Development Room unless otherwise noted.
- October 11, 2018, 9am-10am (Lincoln Education Center, MPR)
- January 22, 2019, 6pm-7pm (District Office, Annex Conference Room)
- March 28, 2019, 9am-10am (Edgar Meeting Center, MPR)
- April 30, 2019, 9am-10am (District Office, Annex Conference Room)
- May 29, 2019 Awards Ceremony, Garden Grove Community Center (3:30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.)
DELAC Meetings (9:00-11:00am)
The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) provides feedback, and advises the district regarding programs, support and services for English Learner students. Schools with 21 or more English learners must establish an ELAC via an election where all parents of English learners have an opportunity to vote. At least one member of the ELAC must be elected to the DELAC. The DELAC Meetings for the 2017-2018 school year are from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the District Office, Annex Conference Room (ACR).
- October 18, 2018
- November 8, 2018
- February 14, 2019
- March 7, 2019
- April 11, 2019
- May 16, 2019 *held in conjunction with the Parent Task Force meeting, Potluck from 11am to 12pm
Parent Ed. Nights (6:00-7:30pm)
- October 23, 2018 (Patton, MPR)
- May 14, 2019 (Peters K-3, MPR)
District Advisory Committee (6:00-7:00pm)
This committee works to make sure that the connection between home and school remains strong, and makes suggestions for parent education needs.
- January 29, 2019 (District Office, Annex Conference Room (ACR))
Parent Task Force Meetings (9:00-11:00am)
The Parent Task Force is a committee of district parent leaders providing feedback on information regarding district programs and parent involvement. The Parent Task Force meetings for the 2017-2018 school year are from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the District Office, Annex Conference Room (ACR).
- October 25, 2018
- January 17, 2019
- March 21, 2019
- May 16, 2019 *held in conjunction with the DELAC meeting, Potluck from 11am to 12pm
District-wide PTA Council (6:00-7:30pm)
PTA representatives from our schools provide educational and parent involvement information, resources, events and activities. The PTA meetings for the 2017-2018 school year are from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the District Office, Annex Conference Room (ACR).
- September 17, 2018
- October 15, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- January 14, 2019
- February 4, 2019
- March 18, 2019
- April 15, 2019
- May 20, 2019
- June 3, 2019