Summer Update 2016
Modernization projects currently in progress include Carrillo, Faylane and Paine Elementary Schools; The Special Education Center at Mark Twain; Alamitos, Fitz, Irvine and Lake Intermediate Schools; Garden Grove, La Quinta, Pacifica and Rancho Alamitos High Schools.
As the end of the 2015-2016 school year approaches the Facilities Department will implement summer projects. Summer shut down at sites (full and/or partial shut down) requires close coordination with Food Services, Information Systems, M&O, K-12 Educational Services, Boys & Girls Club, Security, and Mail Room/Warehouse. Here are the projects scheduled to begin June 2016.
- Clinton, Eisenhower, Newhope and Russell - HVAC
- Carrillo ES - phased modernization and HVAC
- Stanley Elementary - closed site. Stanley will relocate to Skylark for the 2016-2017 School Year
- Garden Grove HS, Rancho Alamitos HS, Pacifica HS and La Quinta HS - continued phased modernization
- Alamitos IS, Fitz IS, Irvine IS, and Lake IS - phased modernization and HVAC
During phased modernization, sites will utilize relocatable classrooms. Interim housing will be implemented at Bolsa HS, Los Amigos HS, Santiago HS and Ralston IS June - August 2016.