Evaluation & Research
Application to Conduct Research
Application to Conduct Research in the Garden Grove Unified School District
The Garden Grove Unified School District (GGUSD) recognizes the value of high-quality research for advancing the field of educational practice. Both external researchers and Board-contracted researchers will be required to submit a proposal describing all required elements as requested in this application. Any individual or entity who would like to conduct research in GGUSD must adhere to the regulations set forth by federal regulations, District Board Policy, and the requirements described within this application. Only proposals that are deemed to be well-designed, relevant to educational practice, and aligned to district initiatives will be considered for approval. District initiatives include:
- Improving educational outcomes across all subgroups, including English learners and students with disabilities.
- Improving college readiness and equal access to higher education for all.
- Improving instructional delivery and services.
- Improving school climate, including high expectations, school connectedness, and student engagement.
- Improving parent education and parent involvement.
- Improving attendance, discipline, and school safety.
A request for approval to conduct a research study or survey, with the exception of those mandated by law, shall be submitted to the District Research Review Team not less than thirty (30) days prior to the anticipated start date. Once your application is received, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your application is reviewed by the District Research Review Team, you will be notified of the decision by email.
Please e-mail or mail completed application and all required documents to:
Garden Grove Unified School District
Attn: District Research Review Team
Department of K-12 Educational Services
10331 Stanford Avenue
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Phone: (714) 663-6491
Fax: (714) 663-6150