Connect with Garden Grove Unified using ParentSquare
Garden Grove Unified School District is communicating with families via ParentSquare (voicemail, email and text message). You do not need to “activate your account” to receive ParentSquare messages. If you are not receiving ParentSquare messages, please follow these simple instructions:
- Make sure your contact information is up-to-date in your Aeries Parent Portal Account .
- Use one email address per parent in the Parent Portal Contacts screen to avoid creating multiple accounts.
- Enter the same contact information (email and phone numbers) for all of your students in the Contacts screen in your Aeries Parent Portal Account.
- ParentSquare syncs nightly with Parent Portal. All updates take 24 hours.
- Once your information is up-to-date in Aeries Parent Portal, you should receive ParentSquare messages (voice, email, text) from the district and your child(ren)’s school.
- If your contact information is up-to-date in Parent Portal, and you are still not receiving ParentSquare messages, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (714) 663-6503.
- Activate your ParentSquare account from the email or text message sent by ParentSquare. If you do not have an activation email or text you can visit parentsquare.com/signin and enter your email or cell phone in the Sign-up. An activation email will be sent to you.
- Download the ParentSquare App (see How to Download the ParentSquare App) or login in at parentsquare.com using your email address or phone number on file with your student’s school. (Please see How to Activate your ParentSquare Account Below)
- If you have forgotten your password – see How to Reset Your Password.
- If you have multiple children but are unable to see them all in your account, please follow the instructions on Missing a child/Missing a school in ParentSquare.
Activating your ParentSquare account allows you to change your language or notification preferences, respond to surveys and forms, and engage with your child(ren)’s teacher(s). If you do not activate your account, you will still receive ParentSquare notifications (voicemail, email, text).
- You should have received an email or text with a link to activate your account.
- If you did not receive the activation email, visit ParentSquare.com , select log-in, enter your email address, and if it matches your email address in Parent Portal, you will be prompted to “Activate your Account.”
Downloading the ParentSquare app on your mobile phone allows you to view ParentSquare posts and alerts directly on your mobile phone. Follow these simple steps to download the mobile app.
- Download the ParentSquare or Garden Grove USD app from the app store on IOS or Android.
- Check your email or text for the activation link.
- Sign-in and you’re all set.
If you have never activated your ParentSquare account, you can do it directly from the mobile app. Once you download the app, follow these instructions:
- Open the app, enter your email or cell phone number (as it appears in Aeries ParentPortal).
- If it matches, you will be prompted to create a password and you will be sent a registration code to activate your account.
- If it does not match what is in ParentPortal, select “Request Access” and an email will be sent to your school principal who will approve your access.
Users should be able to see all of their children and schools in one ParentSquare account. If you are missing a child/school:
- Ensure you have the same email and phone number on file for all children and all schools in your Aries Parent Portal .
- The day after the change is made, you should be able to log out and log back in to ParentSquare to see your updated information.
Garden Grove Unified School District is launching the ParentSquare Health Screening Form to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 on our campuses and district sites. As schools reopen for in-person instruction, GGUSD will require all employees and parents (on behalf of their students) to complete the ParentSquare Health Screening Form to help ensure that those with COVID-19 symptoms or close contact to someone with COVID-19 do not report to work or school. GGUSD high school and intermediate school students will have the ability to complete the form on their own behalf.
Parents should begin completing the Health Screening Form when their child(ren)’s school reopens for hybrid instruction. The form should be completed each morning before sending their child(ren) to campus.
When Should You Begin Submitting the Daily Health Screening Form
- Tier 1 school families and staff should begin submitting the daily Health Screening Form on ParentSquare when schools reopen on Wednesday, October 28.
- Tier 2 school families and staff should begin submitting the daily Health Screening Form on ParentSquare when schools reopen on Thursday, November 12.
- Tier 3 school families and staff should begin submitting the daily Health Screening Form on ParentSquare when schools reopen on Tuesday, December 1.
- Tier 4 school families and staff should begin submitting the daily Health Screening Form on ParentSquare when schools reopen in January.
As a reminder, you must activate your ParentSquare account in order to submit the daily Health Screening Form. Refer to the flyer for instructions on activating your ParentSquare account and completing the daily Health Screening Form.
Still need help using ParentSquare?