GGUSD’s Grab and Go Meal Service Moves to Mondays and Wednesdays
- Saturday, March 14, 2020
Effective, Monday, March 30, Garden Grove Unified School District’s Grab and Go Meal Service will be open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to ensure families and food service workers are able to stay home as much as possible, reducing their risk of exposure to illness.
The Grab and Go Meal Service provides free breakfast and lunch every week, with the exception of Spring Recess April 6-10. Families will receive meals for Monday and Tuesday every Monday and meals for Wednesday through Friday every Wednesday.
The 13 meal service locations include:
- Alamitos Intermediate School, 12381 Dale St., Garden Grove
- Bell Intermediate School, 12345 Springdale St., Garden Grove
- Fitz Intermediate School, 4600 West McFadden Ave. Santa Ana
- Irvine Intermediate School, 10552 Hazard Ave., Santa Ana
- Ralston Intermediate School, 10851 Lampson Ave., Garden Grove
- Peters K-3 Elementary, 13162 Newhope St., Garden Grove
- Bolsa Grande High School, 9401 Westminster Ave., Garden Grove
- Garden Grove High School, 11271 Stanford Ave., Garden Grove
- La Quinta High School, 10372 McFadden Ave., Westminster
- Los Amigos High School, 16566 Newhope St., Fountain Valley
- Pacifica High School, 6851 Lampson Ave., Garden Grove
- Rancho Alamitos High School, 11351 Dale St., Garden Grove
- Santiago High School, 12342 Trask Ave., Garden Grove
Effective today March 30th, the California Department of Education has issued a waiver eliminating the requirement of students being present during meal pick-up, allowing GGUSD to now distribute meals to a parent or guardian to take home to their school-aged child(ren). The meals are available to all children age 18 and under and any developmental disabled person under 21 years of age who is enrolled in an institution or Regional Center program. GGUSD is committed to providing a safe and sanitary environment at all meal distribution sites.