Virtual Learning Academy Application Process
While the majority of GGUSD students attend their neighborhood school, the district has a transfer process that allows families who live within GGUSD boundaries to apply for a transfer from one GGUSD school to another. This includes those families wishing to transfer to the district’s Virtual Learning Academy for the 2022-2023 school year. The Virtual Learning Academy provides a high-quality educational experience for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade as an alternative option to in-person learning. The program offers a flexible learning schedule from home using GGUSD curriculum, live interactive instruction led by GGUSD teachers using cutting-edge instructional technology, robust lessons presented through online curriculum platforms, and opportunities for on-campus tutoring and support.
The Virtual Learning Academy is designed for the student who is:
- Self-Motivated: Student can stay on track academically and is self-motivated to achieve personal academic growth.
- Skilled with Technology: Student enjoys and can thrive in an online learning environment using various digital tools.
- Academically Prepared: Student has a strong attendance record, is performing at grade level and is not lacking in any credits.
- Committed: Student is committed to attend the Virtual Learning Academy for the full 2022-2023 school year and has parent/guardian support and presence to help ensure student is meeting his/her academic goals.
Families who choose to apply to enroll their child(ren) in the Virtual Learning Academy should be prepared to make a one-year commitment to the program for the duration of the 2022-2023 school year.
Parents: Please understand that we have limited space available for the Virtual Learning Academy and not all applications will be accepted. Based on the number of online applications submitted, an interview process may be implemented for final selection.
Please call 714-663-6292 with questions about the Virtual Learning Academy.
APPLY TO THE VIRTUAL LEARNING ACADEMY FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
- Click apply to be directed to Power School, our online application for the transfer process.
- Create an account in Power School and follow the Prompts
- Select Virtual Learning Academy for school that you wish to transfer into and provide the reason for the request.