K-6 Homework Tips
Scholars are Prepared and Organized!
Use a homework planner or agenda to keep track of your assignments and other activities.
- Take the planner to and from school with you every day!
- Each day when your teacher gives you your homework assignments, record them and their due dates in your planner.
- Be specific. Don't just write "Social Studies" or "Math.” Indicate the pages to be read or assignment to be completed.
- Before leaving school, make sure you understand the homework assignment and double check that you are taking home any books or materials you will need.
- Do your homework at a scheduled time each day.
- Check off completed assignments in your planner as you complete them, and return the assignment to your folder to take back to school.
- You, your parent, and/or your teacher may write notes to one another regarding your progress or cooperation in doing your schoolwork.