District Advisory Committee (DAC)
The GATE District Advisory Committee (DAC) meets on a regular basis to assist in GATE program planning and assessment. This committee works to make sure that the home-school connection remains strong, and makes suggestions for parent education needs. This committee also works to ensure strong community connections that support the GATE program within the general education environment. Parents reflect the multicultural diversity in our district and GATE program. DAC parents serve as volunteers at GATE Parent Education meetings and at the Parent Orientation Evening offering their advice and support to new GATE parents. Interpreters are available in Korean, Spanish, and Vietnamese to offer support.
Please join us for the 2018-2019 GATE DAC Meetings!
This year, our first meeting will be a Parent Education Night!
Please join us for a GATE Parent Education Night with Sharon Duncan of Gifted Identity℠ as she discusses ways to meet the social, emotional, and intellectual needs of gifted children.
For more information about Sharon Duncan, please visit her website at: http://www.giftedidentity.com
DATE: Tuesday, October 23, 2018
TIME: 6:00-7:30 PM
Please note the following:
- GATE students and siblings welcome. We will not have childcare available, so please ensure they have something to keep them busy during the meeting.
- Interpretation available in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Korean, if requested.
2017-2018 Meeting Documentation
- 18_01_30_DAC GATE Meeting_English
- 18_01_30_DAC GATE Meeting_Korean
- 18_01_30_DAC GATE Meeting_Spanish
- 18_01_30_DAC GATE Meeting-Vietnamese
- 17_10_24_DAC GATE Meeting English
- 17_10_24_DAC GATE Meeting Korean
- 17_10_24 GATE Meeting Spanish
- 17_10_24_DAC GATE Meeting Vietnamese
- 17_10_24_DAC Meeting Agenda
- Content Imperatives for Parents English
- Content Imperatives for Parents Korean
- Content Imperatives for Parents Spanish
- Content Imperatives for ParentsVietnamese
- DAC Parents Questions to Support Reading English
- DAC Parents Questions to Support Reading Korean
- DAC Parents Questions to Support Reading Spanish
- DAC Parents Questions to Support Reading Vietnamese